The Highway 4 gen is the port of The Highway for the Genesis (Megadrive) machine. It’s a simple race car game, where you must travel the farthest distance without hitting another car. This game is developed and maintained by Philippe Bousquet <email@example.com> since Mars 2017 and is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v3.
Graphics come from OpenClipart.org, or are designed by Philippe Bousquet and are distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons BY-SA.
Sound FX come from SoundBible.com and are also under Creative Commons BY-SA.
HOW TO PLAY?
Push [START] button to launch the game, then push the directional cross to move your car left or right.
Collect gold coins to activate options :
- Brake [BUTTON A]: slows your speed (1 coins).
- Horn [BUTTON B]: frees your lane for 5 seconds (5 coins).
- Wings [BUTTON C]: allows to fly over the highway for 10 seconds (10 coins).
The game is over when you hit another car.
HOW TO SCRAP THE GAME ?
Copy the file scrap/The Highway v1.0-image.jpg file to the /home/pi/.emulationstation/downloaded_images/megadrive/ directory.
Then edit the file /home/pi/.emulationstation/gamelists/megadrive/gamelist.xml and add the content of the scrap/The Highway v1.0.scrap file.
The Highway 4 Gen is a game for the Genesis Machine or Emulator (Megadrive) and you can download it here
You can also download sources on github : https://github.com/darken33/drkhighway_4_gen
The Hyghway is a game for the Genesis (Megadrive) machine developed with the sgdk (available on github : https://github.com/Stephane-D/SGDK).
This is a port of the original game “The Highway” developped for Android & FirefoxOS systems.
The Highway is a Free Software, so it has the four following freedoms :
- Freedom 0 : The freedom to run the program for any purpose.
- Freedom 1 : The freedom to study how the programs works, and change it to make it do what you wish.
- Freedom 2 : The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor.
- Freedom 3 : The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvments (and modified versions in general) to the public, so that the whole community benefits.
- v1.0 :
- First release of The Highway 4 gen