“Fly or Die 3” is a 3D space shooter game developed by Philippe Bousquet <email@example.com>, it is now available in Final version and will be available on :
- Web site (WebGL)
- Linux (32 & 64 bits)
- Ms-Windows (32 & 64 bits)
- Android (Smartphones & Tablets)
- Android VR (Cardboard)
You are a space pilot, lost in space, and you have to survive into this hostile environment. There are many dangers here like Asteroids or various Enemy’s spacecrafts. To maneuver your space craft, you can use the arrows keys to move and the Left Control Key to fire (PC)
or the accelerometer to move and Touch Screen to fire (Smartphone / Tablet).
Another enemy’s spacecraft is the bomber. it only have vertical inflight maneuvers, but its canon can rotate, so it can hit you even if it’s not in front of your spacecraft. Each bomber destroyed will give you 30 points.
- Shield item : protect you from enemy’s laser and collision
- Laser item : will give you up to two more shot spawns
- Life item : will help you to resist from enemy’s lasers
“Fly Or Die 3” is the third game of the “Fly Or Die” serie, which was started in 1992.
The first “Fly Or Die” was developed in 1992, it was written in Gw-Basic (under Msdos). It was only designed with Gw-Basic’s graphics functions, and sound was only internal, it ran under a Commodore PC 10-III (320×200, 4 colors and 4.7 MHz).
“Fly Or Die 2” was developed in 1997, and was written in Turbo Pascal with ASM routines. Graphics were a little bit better with external sprites (rendered with P.O.V.), musics were under MOD format. It could run on a PC DX2 80 (320×200, 256 colors and 88Mhz).
This Game was developed by Philippe Bousquet <firstname.lastname@example.org> under Unity, and is inspired from the Unity’s Tutorial “Space Shooter” :
Some Graphics (as explosions or starfield) are original’s graphics from the tutorial. The others (lasers, background, textures) were designed by Philippe Bousquet under The Gimp with parts from OpenClipart.org (CC By-Sa).Sounds effects came from SoundBible.com and were tuned under Audacity. They are under Creative Commons By-Sa License.
The game’s source code is under Gnu General Public License v3 and is available on : https://github.com/darken33/flyordie3
- Armor at 100% replace the 5 lives
- Scores and damages improved
- Life bonus whill repair 10% of your armor
- Shield bonus will charge 25% of your shield
- Share and compare your scores with other players
- Add support to Google Cardboard
- Lights in game improved
- Clean code
- Add some bonus items (Shield, Lasers, Lives)
- Spelling mistakes fixed
- First release for Gnu/Linux, Ms-Windows, Android and WebGL
Today “Fly Or Die 3” is now playbale (WebGL) on this site : http://darken33.net/applications/FlyOrDie3/
Don’t hesitate to send me feedback on email@example.com
Good Game !!!
You can also download it on Github : https://github.com/darken33/flyordie3/tree/master/Download
- For Android (Smartphones and Tablets)
- For Android VR (Cardboard)
- For Linux 32 bits and 64 bits
- For Ms-Windows 32 bits
- For Ms-Windows 64 bits
- WebGL Version