drkSimon is a memory game for smartphones. It uses the principle of the famous 80’s arcade game simon.
The graphics were designed by Philippe Bousquet and distributed under license Creative Commons BY-SA.
The sound effects have been made through free software, such as Jackd, Qsynth et Audacity, and are also distributed under license Creative Commons BY-SA.
Here a video of my first tests:
HOW TO PLAY?
To bring up the menu simply press the <menu> button, then you can define the level of play in the settings.
To start a game, press the <Simon>, you must repeat the color sequence proposed by the game.As long as you do not make an error, a color is added to the sequence.
How long will you take before you make a mistake ?
In drkSimon’s parameters you can share your score on the Internet. You can now go to the World Highscore’s page of the game.
drkSimon is an application for FirefoxOS and Android smartphone, so you can find it on each store :
You can also download source code here :
- v1.4 : Sources
- Added Spanish language support.
In this section you will find articles speaking of drkSimon on the web:
- The drkSimon presentation by Wilfried Caruel (in French)
- And an interview made by Wilfried Caruel (in French)
drkSimon is a smartphone and tablet application developed with :
Today there is a version for FirefoxOS and Android, if you want you can package this application for other systems : iphone, windowsphone, blackberry, bada…
drkSimon is a Free Software, so it has the four following freedoms :
- Freedom 0 : The freedom to run the program for any purpose.
- Freedom 1 : The freedom to study how the programs works, and change it to make it do what you wish.
- Freedom 2 : The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor.
- Freedom 3 : The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvments (and modified versions in general) to the public, so that the whole community benefits.
- v1.4 : Sources
- Add Spanish language support
- v1.3 : Sources
- Dialog box and buttons design improved
- First release for FirefoxOS
- v1.2 : Sources
- Improved to cordova 4.0.0 (security alert)
- v1.1 : Sources
- Internationalization (Supported languages: French & English)
- v1.0.3 : Sources
- Add a menu button
- v1.0.2 : Sources
- Message alert on media player fixed
- v1.0.1 : Sources
- Sound playing bug fixed
- Multiple tap bug when loosing game fixed
- Spelling errors fixed
- v1.0 : Sources
- First release of drkSimon